Absentee voting is not available for the general public. If you are one of the following then you are able to apply for an absentee ballot.
• age 60 years old or older
• unable to vote without assistance at the polls
• expecting to be out of town on election day
• in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
• unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons
• appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your
precinct of residence.
The voter registration form is the same form as the change of address form for the Michigan driver's license and Michigan Identification card. Voter Registration Form
Completed forms can be mailed to:
Michigan Department of State
PO Box 30764
Lansing, MI 48909-8264